The human voice
A vocalist's instrument is special
- The instrument is with you at all times
- The instrument is part of your body
- The instrument is exposed to
- the vocalist's mental challenges
- the vocalist's physical challenges
The vocalist's instrument is his or her entire body
- The vocalist's voice can reveal the state of his or her health
- "Your voice is the mirror of your soul" - a poignant thought from the ancient times of Aristotle.
- The throat and the vocal cords are essential but only small part of the vocalist's instrument.
- Singing involves both physical work and a mental challenge.
- Good physical and mental capacity are the preconditions for a good voice.
- The lack or loss of these is often the reason behind vocal problems.
- Good sleep and healthy food are the vocalist's fuel.
The anatomy of the singing voice
Vocalist's health challenges
- Challenging working conditions
- Irregular working hours
- Changing work environment